Meetings & Events USA is a full-service strategic meeting management company planning and executing meetings worldwide. Started in 1995, M&E has evolved over the years expanding our meeting services to include marketing and association management. We view our clients as partners and seamlessly integrate into their staff teams. Our clients are primarily associations.
The Meetings & Events USA is looking for dynamic leader in events and meeting coordination. Our Meeting Coordinator will be a key resource in overseeing events and leadership meetings. This person will help coordinate in-person strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a creative, enthusiastic team player who is eager to take ownership of all phases of meeting and event planning to advance client’s strategic initiatives. The Meeting Coordinator must possess strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, and must be able to thrive and remain nimble in an ever-changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute meeting proposals, budgets, and plans that support clients’ goals and objectives
- Collaborate closely with clients and coordinate initiatives across departments
- Produce RFP documents for potential venues, conduct site visits and negotiate venue contracts meetings, workshops, regional programs, etc.
- Produce and develop reports for senior management and departments as needed to help with the management, marketing, and performance of events
- Oversee and manage all aspects of events including setup of the event in appropriate systems, on-site meeting execution, registration, speaker management, AV, food, and beverage set-up/break-down
- Recommend, manage, and oversee meeting support vendors
- Coordinate budgets and projections that support clients’ goals and objectives
- Oversee post-event reviews and maintain historical information
- Research best practices and industry trends and apply to client events
- Offer and implement suggestions for improvements
- Execute other tasks and duties relevant to the position, as they emerge
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Meeting Planning
- Minimum of 3 years prior event management experience preferred
- Previous nonprofit association experience strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in coordinating budgets
- Familiarity with event management and speaker management software
- Extensive knowledge and experience in planning, development, and execution of strategic annual plans
- Experience in developing proposals
- Ability to travel several times a year
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with a strong attention to detail
- Extremely organized with strong time management skills, the ability to consistently achieve desired results, manage multiple tasks, set priorities and set high personal standards
- A self-directed individual who also works well in a team environment
- Must be technically adaptable and able to absorb complex information quickly
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Generous PTO & Paid Holidays
- Casual dress code (Wearing jeans to work is not a trend but a lifestyle here!)
Meetings & Events USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.